Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am planning on getting a jackson kayak package. I live in WV and plan on doing most of my kayaking here. I will mostly be doing river running maybe playing a little. I am 5'10 160lbs 17 years old and probably not going to grow anymore since my dad is only 5'7, im lucky i got to 10". Anyway I need help deciding btwn the jackson fun and the 4 fun. On their site it says the optimum river running for the fun is 155 and for the 4 fun is 160. Then it says optimum weight overall is 160 for the fun and 180 for the 4fun. I plan on only doing river running which should i get. What will be the pros and cons of both. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm 6' 170# and paddle the fun. It does all the river running I ask of it, up to class IV, and all the playboating I can do, which is next to nothing. The 4Fun will feel like a yacht.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I for got to include that I am talking about the CLASSIC fun. I think it makes a difference. I am not sure if you guys are talking about the classic or the 07/08 ones.

·
Registered
509 Posts
For classic, probably still Fun, although maybe a 4Fun. Don't go 2Fun as suggested on the other thread because the new ones got bigger. I went from a classic 4Fun to a new Fun. Can't you at least sit in them to see which feels better?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts