Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds great, but........

Water does not contain much oxyen. All water breathing animals are cold blooded because cold blooded animals need much less oxygen.

A device like this that works will be very, very large. The picture in the article is only for "marketing" purposes.

Welcome to the internet.

·
Registered
648 Posts
not to sound too skeptical

cstork is right, the O2 level present in H20 is not all that high, hence the Naval experiments in breathing oxygen enriched fluorocarbons (breathing liquid just like you did when you were in the womb). and this has only been done with one lung filled and saturated. I am familiar with Henry's Laws enough to admit it 'may' be possible. However, that being said (even in the age of nano tech), I think we're a bit premature in the practicality department. Think of Moller's VTOL cars... he has yet to produce a viable model.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh, all you "nay-sayers", I say nay to you: Naaaaaay!

Think of the possibilities! Stress free class V. worst case scenario is you----wait a minute, there is no worst case scenerio. You just hang out down there and suck up the free air as you witness a day in the life of the fish. When you get bored, just raise your hand to show your buds where you are, grab the rope, and it's Miller time!

---unless you ping your centrifuse tank on a rock, throw it off balance and no free air.

But barring that, you can send beginners down the biggest. baddest, hardest whitewater you can find, because hey! Free air down there! Just suck it through the straw!

---unless you lose track of it over your shoulder or something gets kinked.

But barring that, be glad that high tech trumps mother nature yet again, and makes humans not only king of the road, lord of the skies AND NOW, (drum roll, please)... Ruler of the deep.

---unless it doesn't work.

But barring that, I think it's gonna happen. That's why I'm thinking about cashing out my nest egg, taking out a second mortgage, borrowing some money from a loan-shark and investing it all in this thing.

Come on people! Let's see that silver lining!

:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
frothy water

How much effect would all of the air in frothy whitewater on the O2 concetration in the water?

I know H2O is an exact proportion, but I'm talking about the dissolved air in the water, that is discussed on the website about this thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts