Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m an intermediate (class III to -IV) WW kayaker from the DC area that just relocated out to Denver. Looking for others to paddle with in the Denver area and beyond. Hoping to be able to pick up some info on local and semi-local runs, water levels, as well as some ideas for mellow WW options to take my 5 year old out on in a WW canoe. I’m currently between full-tune jobs, so I would love to get in some weekday paddling while I can.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Your timing is good despite flows being down. Gore Fest on the Colorado is August 25-26 and Bailey Fest sponsored by Colorado Whitewater is in September 14-16 (just changed dates of one of the greatest and most elusive kayak festivals in the west). Both of these are geared more to the IV+ to V kayaker but they both offer great opportunities to meet other paddlers and have III-IV runs near by that provide options for most levels of paddlers.

I paddle at a similar III-IV skill level and would be happy to get out. My paddling rusty this season but would be up for some Foxton or Waterton trips or the Ark. I am mostly restricted to weekends but could pull of some late afternoon early evening trips. Send a PM if interested.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts