Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody- we used to work for a company that ran 18ft Spirits and they are the perfect boat for us. We cannot find one single one for sale. We almost got one (that we actually knew from commercial days- in fact my husband recalls unpacking it the day it arrived at the warehouse) but it tragically got bought by a viewer who was in line JUST IN FRONT OF US! If anyone has one for sale, or has any leads- will you please contact me? We are beyond serious and will travel to pick it up (west of the Rockies- we live in Portland, OR). Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've seen two on ksl.com over the last year, one in Brigham City or Malad, UT and the other in Heber. Don't think either sold, ads were up for weeks... my buddy has 2 Spirits, both with a blown baffle, but they regularly navigate low water Cat&Deso. You might also contact Utah Whitewater Gear (Anthony) and ask if they know whereabouts of one. UWG offers repairs, and last time I checked how that was going was told "...sick of looking at old Avons."

·
Registered
70 Posts
Curious what is the difference between the Super Pro and the Spirit? I run a 1982 18'er and I've been wondering what it is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I guess my boat fits the bill then.. honestly I'm not really looking to sell it but COVID has my job on the brink and I could probably run multi day out of a much smaller rig.. Anyways here is a photo, if your interested contact me.

The patches you see are just areas that I started taking off the seam tape and adding new material to keep those seams from seeing any sun.

5 Bay diamond plated DRE Frame
2 11' SLX counter balanced oars
2 11' wood smokers
150 qt canyon cooler
fancy DRE dry box
Custom double sleeping platform with drop bags below. I usually store all my climbing gear in one and it equalizes the cooler in the back.
One open towards the captain one opens towards the bow for unloading etc.

It holds air well for a few days - the back left valve needs the plunger replaced but I don't really mind pumping a little every few days so I haven't done much about it.

Oh and it has a NRS self bailing floor retrofitted that is solid. No leaks what so ever.

Located in Gunnison Colorado - could meet at a climbing area somewhere between our locations come springtime.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everybody- we used to work for a company that ran 18ft Spirits and they are the perfect boat for us. We cannot find one single one for sale. We almost got one (that we actually knew from commercial days- in fact my husband recalls unpacking it the day it arrived at the warehouse) but it tragically got bought by a viewer who was in line JUST IN FRONT OF US! If anyone has one for sale, or has any leads- will you please contact me? We are beyond serious and will travel to pick it up (west of the Rockies- we live in Portland, OR). Thanks!
Maggie..... how about one that was used just ONCE on the Skagit....?? she is 1985

1 - 9 of 9 Posts