Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
raft quality

I am unfamiliar with this brand and you might want to be cautious as you could spend extra $ over time fixing things due to poor quality that in the end you would have saved with a quality boat. One thing to consider regarding material thickness is that the Lowe's contractor grade trash bags are 3 mil thick...and the boat's material you are looking at is 1.something. If you can swing it, i suggest spending a bit of extra $. There are frequently some good deals posted on the Buzz under rafting equipment.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lowe's contractor grade trash bags are 3 mil thick...and the boat's material you are looking at is 1.something

Not the same unit of measure I think 1mm is about 39mil so he's getting about 40 trash bags. I mean the equivalent thickness- no other editorial intent

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been considering getting a raft for the first time. I found this one on ebay and have been watching these boats sell for a couple of months now. They usually go for between 600 and 1200.

Is this a decent boat for that price?

1.2mm PVC 13'inflatable boat white water river raft RED | eBay
For $ 600.oo thats a decent price - But only that - I'd look for a used boat first. I tried out a baltic raft in brown's canyon at low water and the material held up great on the coarse granite rock in there . the baltic raft has a few more bells and whistles than the aquos . like chafe strips and heavier d-rings ect. also complaints about the carry handles -in the way when used as a paddle boat. Better yet look at Rocky mountain rafts. heavier yet ;and with a true laced in floor ; but I did not like the way that they had the lace protector on the bottom. happy shopping

·
Boy Howdy!
1,064 Posts
seriously, look for a good used boat and spend the extra $. It'll help you save in the end and not wind up being garage fixture in the future when you cant get the money you want for it when you upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts