Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any beta on releases from Carter lake. I have been waiting for some late season playboatin. I have been checkin out the o-hole but they are only releasing a very little amount of water. They cut back the flows back in july or august. Any info would be great. Im just not ready to hang up my gear yet and the weather has been really nice.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Does anyone have any beta on releases from Carter lake. I have been waiting for some late season playboatin. I have been checkin out the o-hole but they are only releasing a very little amount of water. They cut back the flows back in july or august. Any info would be great. Im just not ready to hang up my gear yet and the weather has been really nice.

Don't kow but my O-Face isn't done for the season.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more info

I have been doing some research. Here is a link to the feeder canal just above the hole. Looking at last years flows they didnt start realeasing more water till the end of Oct. I book marked this page and will be checking it daily. As soon as it looks like its up again i will let everyone know so they can get their O-face on :-o and an ice cream headache in the cold release waters!

Flow Data

If this is wrong and anyone else has insite on this please share it with all of us.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I talked with the guy who changes the flow and according to him, since we have had a fair amount of rain this fall that most of the reservoirs out east are full and flows probably will not change much for a while. We may see a spike in October when they try and top off the reservoirs. Damn, dry in the spring and wet in the fall does not make for a good O face!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts