Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new cat and am chomping at the bit to get on the river for my birthday this weekend was hoping to float from pumphouse to rancho Saturday.

first question is there any ice activity ie: damming or drifting sheets?

second is there adequate flow to get thru the rocky stuff?

thanks for your input if you have any ive searched for days trying to find some kind of a recent experience.

·
FISHTARD
74 Posts
Cutthroat Anglers had guides floating Pump to Radium. Not sure about lower.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Same on the Ark in bighorn sheep- call Greg at Arkanglers. I know they were floating last weekend. Should still be running given our weather this week. Decent flow right now, too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
FISHTARD
74 Posts
Today. Said the guides have been out the past couple days.

Ive been wondering myself, but mines out in junction and its a bit too far because right when i get it winter will be back..... (hopefully)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that section from radium to rancho is so soft in places i'm nervous of dams especially cause there is no extraction point from road past radium. I guess ill just have to go for it. its been warm and will be for the next few days so im somewhat confident itll be a good winter float.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just call Rancho del Rio. I think there's usually someone there through the winter, isn't there? If anyone's been on the river, they'll know and probably have a report....

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pumphouse to Radium is for sure clear (spoke to some people that floated it Tuesday), but don't know anything downstream. There's definitely some lakey sections down there that wouldn't take much to freeze over.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the river was very low drug bottom a bunch but the weather was warm and the eagles were flying I floated pumphouse to radium

1 - 14 of 14 Posts