Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to head that way, but curious if the snow is still lingering at the campground...

Any locals interested in helping a brotha out???

Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Com'on... someone chime in here!

·
Registered
698 Posts
...obj....

...went up on sat to look... still can't make it passed nicholson lake..4-5 foot deep on the "s" curve in the trees... same with the road to the east river...kebler will not be open for memeorial day either...coal crrek may have flooded onto elk ave in town.....shit is going off, just like everywhere else....i'll look again mid week.....

·
Registered
698 Posts
......*****beep beep*****alert****** this just in.....road is clear to pittsburg......wicked wanda on the SLATE is filled in...a section of the put-in campground, at the SLATE, was reported to be destroyed by avalanche activities.....the dirt road up to the OB-JOYFUL put in was reported to be snowed in(you should be carrying your boat up anyways)....snow bridges likely as some were seen on the SLATE......rumors of an OBJ run(tenn. boys)....driftin' thru cb...information gathered by "ONE-EYE REPORTING*****beep****

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks Milo!

Any more beta out there now two days later? Anyone else hit OBJ? Is the road up to the put-in a packed-out trail or is it post-holing? I'd love to do an early run this weekend, but if it's not a packed trail...well, the snowshoes don't fit in my CFS so well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
....walkable for sure...flipflops if you can believe it...no vehicles will make it for another week....why drive anyhow?.....game on...east river road opened yesterdayas did kebler..see other post....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Boat and Gear Swap at Three Rivers in Almont, Sat. May 28th

On your way up to creek, by the way Cottonwood Pass in open, stop by the swap at Three Rivers. We're located right at the mouth of Taylor Canyon.

Have fun huckin,

Parkito

1 - 8 of 8 Posts