Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
hey everyone. i'm back from ecuador... if you can get down there this month, go! they are having a great water season right now. big water on the quijos and cosanga, awesome creeking on the upper jondachi and long hikes and beautiful surfing on the lower jondachi!!!! and i gotta say, don and larry have a good thing going at small world adventures give em a call!

as for mongo products: the website is currently down, they didn't realize it was and are trying to get it fixed right now. curtis, lisa should be calling you this week, mongo is making your bag for you.

matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know this thread is super old, but I need warranty work and the site is down again. I e-mailed Matt S at the address above and it bounced back. I e-mailed Lisa Reeder at the last known address I have for her so hopefully Mongo is still in business.

Can anyone tell me if Mongo is still in business and the current contact info?

Thanks,

Curtis

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Call Timberline Tours 800.831.1414 - I think Mongo is a co-owner there. And he will most likely be at the Gore Race this weekend. I have no idea if he is still in business or not, but I hope and assume he is. I have one of his waist mounted throw bags and it is very well made. I also have one of his huge mesh bags which has been my river gear bag for the last eight seasons, and it will last for at least a few more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'll give them a call if I don't hear back from Lisa. I've owned several Mongo products over the years and I generally agree with you. In this case, the mouth of the Guide bag ripped completely off the body of the bag where it was sewn while I was teaching a safety clinic. Looks like the stitch count may have been too high, basically making the mouth of the bag perforated and easy to tear away.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It may take a few days or a week for Lisa to get back to you, she is heading up the organization for this years Gore Canyon race, so I imagine she will be swamped this week.

I know the exact problem you are talking about, I have a NRS drag bag that has the same failure. I destroyed three of them last season, but I think they redesigned them for this year.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hobie said he passed on my contact info to Mongo last week, but I haven't heard anything. Hopefully now that the Gore race is over, I'll hear back. No word as to whether they're still in business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the update. Seems like this has been going on for a while. Any other reliable suppliers of quality manufactured, waist worn throw bags that you are familiar with?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out the Salamander Retriever. I bought Mongo's Guide bag because you can throw just the bag, leaving the belt around your waist. Salamander has been in business a while and I've been happy with the products I've purchased from them.

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Thanks for the update. Seems like this has been going on for a while. Any other reliable suppliers of quality manufactured, waist worn throw bags that you are familiar with?

Thanks,

Scott
Wildwasser makes a good one. It is big enough that I can fit both pulleys, prussiks and a few biners in there too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts