Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, They did, don't go. If anybody messes it up it is your own fault. The farmers and ranchers have been very gracious over the past fifteen years even letting people in there. The influx of all the newbies has pretty much pissed off the ranchers. All the young punks go in there with and have no respect for anything. So if you know where it is keep your mouth shut. There are enough people going there already.

·
Registered
808 Posts
the wave is different from before, they cemented in some re-bar that is hard to see unless you look close. very sketchy, and no longer good enough to be worth it. oh well.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Wav is right – it is all screwed up. I had the opportunity to session this wave over the past 8 summers and when we made the trip earlier this year what was a “wave” is now a beater “hole” that hammers you down on the concrete shelf and holds a boat! Also there seems to be new rocks directly behind the hole that 2 of us slammed into upside down (this could be what the ranchers put into the wave?). I took 2 rides and left. The only good about this day was 12er I drank on the way home.

I know this fuckin sucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not a farmer but have spoken to the farmers on numerous occasions. They don't like cars lined up all the way down the one lane road.

P.S. pro-zoned as least name your self after a boat that was made in this decade...

·
Registered
480 Posts
The farmers/ranchers didn't screw this wave up - the boaters did. Too many boaters telling too many boaters about the wave did it in. Too much mis-behavin' messed it all up for everyone.

Nope - I am not a farmer or rancher but understand their issue with the crowds and all. Probably too much peein' and poopin' on their land too.

It was fun while it lasted. :cry:

·
Registered
81 Posts
manskter there are some people who have lived in the state way before your stupid ass, so keep you comments to you self most likley you are from cali or texas and claim colorado as your state, as for the boaters you have to realize that they are stupid people in whatever sport you do so you can't blame it on young punks cause i have seen more older guys who are dicks at holes then younger ones

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
No way, it's our capitalistic goverment that killed the M-wave. If we didn't allow people to own land, which should be the property of all, then no farmers would care who was dorking around in a drainage ditch.

Viva la revolucion!

P.S. Stay out of the bleacher hole, it's mine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think it was GW, there was never a Montrose controversy until he was elected!! :wink:

·
Registered
253 Posts
You guys that think this might be the fault of young punks are retarted. Ben is right. I have spent time talking to the locals, and the people who play up in those hills. And i'm very respectful of what we have. And the same goes for my friends. My Aunt lives in Montrose and I have her keep her ear to the ground for any rumbling about the M-wave. If you are worried about a line at this feature your a pretty bulry boater. I have sat on the bridge for hours praying to god that someone will show up. Becasue i last about an hour bymyself, and i have seen the shit hit the fan there, and it aint pretty. Wouldn't want to be alone in there if i dislocated something. All of you need to stop bitching, it is your closed mindedness to new boateres and new ideas that will cause you to fall behind in or lose this sport you love. Think about all that it has given to you. And spread that joy. Don't rag on new boaters you were once there 2. And odds are you can't do half the tricks that Ben can. So don't act all high and mighty like you own the place. Because that little ripper will somke your ass and leave you crying in the eddie.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TheKid, I have some sweet pics of you when I went there with Jared and Josh. Let me know if ya want 'em. That is if you are Alex...if not, ignore this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
TheKid said:
You guys that think this might be the fault of young punks are retarted. Ben is right. I have spent time talking to the locals, and the people who play up in those hills. And i'm very respectful of what we have. And the same goes for my friends. My Aunt lives in Montrose and I have her keep her ear to the ground for any rumbling about the M-wave. If you are worried about a line at this feature your a pretty bulry boater. I have sat on the bridge for hours praying to god that someone will show up. Becasue i last about an hour bymyself, and i have seen the shit hit the fan there, and it aint pretty. Wouldn't want to be alone in there if i dislocated something. All of you need to stop bitching, it is your closed mindedness to new boateres and new ideas that will cause you to fall behind in or lose this sport you love. Think about all that it has given to you. And spread that joy. Don't rag on new boaters you were once there 2. And odds are you can't do half the tricks that Ben can. So don't act all high and mighty like you own the place. Because that little ripper will somke your ass and leave you crying in the eddie.
Great Post Kid

1 - 20 of 27 Posts