Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from a friend that the whitewater park was closed intill the end of april, but the flows say its running near 900 cfs. Does anybody know if its open now?

·
Registered
40 Posts
um? is it closed? because I went boating there last weekend and I didn't know it was closed. and seeing as all my immunizations are up to date and it is running 900cfs and I am desperate to boat I'm going tomorrow from 8-10am, or until I get arrested
beaner

·
Registered
389 Posts
Niave, niave.....

Confluence was never closed.

What your friend is confused by is a closed sign put on the foot bridge just before Confluence.....but it didn't refer to Confluence Park.

They have been working on putting in another foot bridge about 1/4 mile below Confluence Park. The pushed some gravel in the river bank, changed the river flow a little, and to cover their ass, they declared the river closed at that point. They did this a little more than a year ago. Then a flood washed out their gravel pile so they delayed construction for a year--the whole time keeping the closed sign up.

And we wonder why government instructions don't have much credibility........

900 cfs is a bit much for confluence park. It may be washed out. Some of the drops for the 1/2 mile below confluence may be real good. There is a tressle bridge about 3/4 of a mile below confluence which gets a real good wave at this level.

Enjoy, and don't believe all the hype about the poison water at confluence. It's only a true a small amount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts