Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors and Libel... I don know. If anyone knows give the word.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I heard from Tye last week that it's going but haven't heard a first hand report. Wouldn't Randy know?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randall...
I gave him a call but to no avail.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Randy. . .check the damn flow I want to go boating for the love of Pete

or else I'll be forced to go golfing. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to run bluegrass as soon as it goes off. I've never been and so I don't know how to tell if its running, but I'm going to be in the area tomorrow and am not averse to driving up and taking a look. If there's a guage or just a bridge and I'm given directions I'll go take a first hand look.

Rastas

·
Registered
463 Posts
tye has a source in laramie who says it's running and will into late september. let's hit it, ya baby...

·
Registered
463 Posts
A fort collins crew 10 strong fired up bluegrass on saturday. everything is good to go and while more water would be better everyone had a great time. get it while it's good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I remember reading something earlier this year about bluegrass on the buzz. There was some talk about acess issues, What was the deal with that? Are those still a problem? Is there an alternate put in now? Someone also said that there were some bigger drops up stream of the normal put it, is that true, and if so how big?! I would appreciate answers to any of these questions

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is second hand info, I'll post again when I have experienced it.
I'm told if you put in at the outflow of Wheatland Reservoir 3 the first drop"Bullrider" is a fifteen footer then another smaller ledge drop after some busy water.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually, here's my buddy's email on the topic:

So Bluegrass. Normally I would say just try to go Stealth and avoid the ranchers but you could pull it off- just show them your scars. Here's the tough part- the best access is from the S. side of the river at a guest ranch (forgot the name). Those guys are great but a Lawyer bought some land downstream and convinced them not to let paddlers on (they wouldn't budge). The trouble is, you either have to run all of the dicey drops blind (possible) or tresspass on the lawyers land. For the alternate put-in, its a series of turns onto dirt roads that I know by sight but couldn't describe. The best bet would be to figure it out (as I did) with the USGS Quad for that area. The put-in is right at the outflow from Wheatland 3(I think) reservoir. It starts with a 15 foot drop (rock right of center in landing) "Bull-riders only" then proceeds into a Twisting chute called "Lomac's Panic" its very aerated and has one ugly spot. The last in the entrance rapids is called "Conveyor Belt" and is way cleaner than it looks but if you go off the lip expect to go deep and come up with cow shit in your teeth.
As for O. Chem (or anything related to school right now) Monica would probably tell you to drop the books and run for the hills.
Good Luck

·
Registered
709 Posts
Force said:
A fort collins crew 10 strong fired up bluegrass on saturday. everything is good to go and while more water would be better everyone had a great time. get it while it's good.
You bastards. Call me next time. I'm in.

Scott

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Is this a creek boat run or a play boat run? I'm solid V, but probably not V+. Better to be in a creek boat for the III or play boat and walk main event? Also, where is the legal putin - directions? Danke Schon
Joe

·
Registered
846 Posts
playboating is ***

joe. walking the main event is not allowed. it is the reason to go run bluegrass. just melt er down in your playboat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts