Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in St Louis and am trying to find a way to ship a kayak here from Gunnison CO. without much luck. The boat is a Diesel 75, so it is too big for sportsexpress.com. I also checked with Forward Air, but the closes drop station is in Denver (200 miles).

So, I was wondering if anyone from CO will be driving to Gauley Fest and wouldn't mind carrying an extra boat along.

Or, maybe someone knows of another shipping comp. that I may check into. If I can get the boat to Denver, Forward Air will only charge $50 to ship it to St Louis. Otherwise, the freight comps. want anywhere from $175-$400 to ship it (Not an option).

Another option is if someone has a Diesel 75 for sale. I want an orange/citrus Diesel 75 and I don't care where I get it, as long as i get it in time for Gauley Fest.

Thanx for your ideas!!!

//\ /\\

Gary [email protected]^

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey gary, a buddy of mine in st louis is planning to head there, and I may join him, but am unsure... if I did, I had thought to fly there and drive the rest with him, but for the extra loot I could drive both legs perhaps? I am unsure of the details, so if you find a real offer, jump on it! but just in case...

good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gauley

I'm heading to Gauley. Based on you post It's not clear if the boats going from CO to WV or MO to VW ...or what.

See my post in trip planner or call.

Eric 302-545-8477

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want the boat sent to St L or WV from CO

I live in St Louis. The Boat is in Gunnison CO. I want the boat delivered to St Louis, but if someone is going to Gauley Fest and would rather not stop in St L, I can pick it up in WV.

THanx again for all your help!!!

//\ /\\

Gary [email protected]^

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Gary,
you may know him, C. Alder? patent lawyer? we used to live in WV and spent a few years on the endless, he still keeps in touch with some of the guides around there.

sounds like you may have your boat a ride, but maybe we'll travel together after all! happy trails!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts