Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I agree with you that the KayakPuncon assult on the image gallery is annoying, but I found the irony at the moment ammusing.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
He meant KayakPro.cl

Regardless he does have a point. If you are going to throw up an image, and its going to have promotional imagery all over it, then it should at least link to a good story or something. Otherwise its the equivalent of just having a third banner ad that doesn't link anywhere.

And this is what happens when CO runs out of water...

·
Registered
120 Posts
el flaco is an idiot

Do you really think these guys are gonna be rolling in all the loot they'll be pulling in from posting pictures with the insignia kp on them. Nobody makes any money in kayaking you jackass!!!! They definitely post better pictures than you do though. Frenchy should block you from this sight just for being a shmuck

·
Registered
120 Posts
el flaco is an idiot

Do you really think these guys are gonna be rolling in all the loot they'll be pulling in from posting pictures with the insignia kp on them. Nobody makes any money in kayaking you jackass!!!! They definitely post better pictures than you do though. Frenchy should block you from this sight just for being a shmuck

·
Registered
463 Posts
chorter get a clue ;) its about the principle man, the principle.

the majority of us may still be cheap dirtbag boaters but we can still have principles and not abuse a useful service someone provides us.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
My apologies to Kayak Pucon- they do support the site. Of course I meant to call out KayakPro.cl.

I have nothing against a great shot of someone dropping a waterfall. Having their brand on there might be walking a fine line, but to have the caption read "Kayak Vacation in Chile -ask about our programs and itineraries"; well, that's taking advantage of what Kayak Pucon and Small World and others pay for. And they've done it a bunch of times in the past few months. Check August 30th, for example.

Personally, I think it's lame, and borders on stealing. And the POINT, Lil Wayne, is that there isn't a lot of money in this game to keep sites like this afloat. All the more reason to call them out when they basically use a public forum to take revenue away from Social Knowledge, which has invested in this service for your benefit.

Chorter, when you ask Frenchy (who no longer runs this "site") to ban me, ask him how much he had to pay out of his own pocket for server upgrades, etc. while he was building a fine online community that we all enjoy.

And pardon me if I disregard someone who has shown no evidence of an educated opinion about marketing, managing a content-driven website, or working in the outdoor industry. In case you're wondering, I have some experience in all three. If you ever posted anything other than how friggin RAD you are, you might understand that MountainBuzz has made it all these years because a few companies support it. And make sure you add a link to all the terrible photos I've put up. Did you even have a point in that braying post? Maybe it'll make sense to you this way: Mind if I put a couple of bumper stickers on your moped that advertise my company?

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok , :twisted:
El Flaco said:
My apologies to Kayak Pucon- they do support the site. Of course I meant to call out KayakPro.cl.

I have nothing against a great shot of someone dropping a waterfall. Having their brand on there might be walking a fine line, but to have the caption read "Kayak Vacation in Chile -ask about our programs and itineraries"; well, that's taking advantage of what Kayak Pucon and Small World and others pay for. And they've done it a bunch of times in the past few months. Check August 30th, for example.

Personally, I think it's lame, and borders on stealing. And the POINT, Lil Wayne, is that there isn't a lot of money in this game to keep sites like this afloat. All the more reason to call them out when they basically use a public forum to take revenue away from Social Knowledge, which has invested in this service for your benefit.

Chorter, when you ask Frenchy (who no longer runs this "site") to ban me, ask him how much he had to pay out of his own pocket for server upgrades, etc. while he was building a fine online community that we all enjoy.

And pardon me if I disregard someone who has shown no evidence of an educated opinion about marketing, managing a content-driven website, or working in the outdoor industry. In case you're wondering, I have some experience in all three. If you ever posted anything other than how friggin RAD you are, you might understand that MountainBuzz hasn't made it all these years because a few companies support it. And make sure you add a link to all the terrible photos I've put up. Did you even have a point in that braying post? Maybe it'll make sense to you this way: Mind if I put a couple of bumper stickers on your moped that advertise my company?

·
Registered
567 Posts
pro as in professional - not so much

Sadly all this chit chat only serves to further Kayakpro's exposure. I'd like to see this thread end right here but the reality is that it won't because we all want to have our say, including myself.

After finding the most recent picture they have chosen to post, I find it to be a blatant slap in the face to all of the companies willing to financially contribute to this on line forum. Regardless of who's bro's work with them, such behavior and questionable ethics should be frowned upon.

Unfortunately, to ban them or remove their posts would be contrary to the freedom's we're granted by this forum. 2 choices, find another forum or ignore their posts.

Kayakpro - the name implies you are professionals, act like ones.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I had an offline chat with a guy from Kayakpro.cl. I think they understand where I'm coming from, and in retrospect I probably should have sent them a PM rather than call them out. So we're all good.

·
God Amongst Men
1,993 Posts
Cutch said:
Obviously nobody here has been kayaking recently.

ha ha ha and its only gonna get better until about mid-november....gotta love the offseason

·
Registered
120 Posts
Way to go Flaco, I'm glad you had a private chat with the guys from kayak pro. I'll sleep better at night knowing that the buzz has a usurping crusader like yourself to look after it. I guess at first I just thought these were some people up to cool shit and trying to share it with others, posting badass pictures of sweet looking places. I clicked on one cause it looked rad and when I blew it up it said kp on it and I didn't really think about it that much because I was thinking how cool it'd be to paddle in south america. I guess it's probably just because I lack the insight of being so diversely educated in marketing, and market driven websights, and the outdoor industry, that I didn't see the whole picture and get pissed right away. Now that I see what these low life snakes were really up to the whole time I'm pissed, and I'm glad to have you around, kinda like a guide of things to get pissed about. I haven't had time to research this august 30th stuff with kayak pucon yet but it sounds like these guys are dirty too and I'm looking forward to getting pissed at them. Maybe we could set it up where you have my e-mail and look into what's going on with your brilliant insight and knowledge and let me know if anyone is trying to sneak some crap like this by me again. Sorry about bragging a bunch and even braying like a donkey too, I think maybe my head is just not on quite as tight is yours. Your a stand up cat though and I can see nothing gets by you, go get em tiger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
While I'm not marketing expert or genius, this is part of what I do for a living. If our ad clients saw a poacher on our site they would likely demand compensation or stop advertising with us. I work in a very different industry but it still seem like a possibility here to loose revenue.

Since this site is no longer owned and operated by a kayaker, do you think it will continue to exist if it isn't profitable?

Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts