Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into kayaking so I've been searching around for the best deals. I picked up a used 07 Mega rocker and got a great clearance deal on an IR XL shockwave.

I'm trying to fit the skirt on and its not going. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
If its the first time that you have used the skirt then it will help to get it wet. Its always hard to get them on the first time you use a skirt. The mega may have a larger cockpit but I would think the XL will fit it.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gh. I'll try that. The MR is 36 3/4, 21 1/2 the max for the IR is 38, 21.

I figured the extra 1/2 inch wouldnt really matter so I'll try throwing it in the tub. I don't think it helps that I'm trying all this with a messed up shoulder but oh well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Skirt trouble

Thanks gh. I'll try that. The MR is 36 3/4, 21 1/2 the max for the IR is 38, 21.

I figured the extra 1/2 inch wouldnt really matter so I'll try throwing it in the tub. I don't think it helps that I'm trying all this with a messed up shoulder but oh well.
I had the same experience, different Jackson product, but new boat/new skirt. Definitely get it wet... I put mine on the cockpit wet and let it dry on there too, as that seems to help. One other thing... Jackson plastic is slipperty, so unless you have a plastic rand, you may need to take some sandpaper to the underside of the cockpit rim... it can help give the skirt something to grip on.

j

·
Registered
221 Posts
IR extra large will definitely fit since that's what I had on mine!! I thought that would be a good thing being so tight but it still leaked..:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, All it needed was to be wet. Its drying on the kayak in the garage now. It was like night and day.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have put a Large IR Skirt on the Mega Rocker

I like my skirt tight so I just used my Large Skirt on the MEGA ROCKER. It was broken in but it fit so the extra large will be easy to put on after some use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts