Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has experience with the imersion research arch rival dry suit. Sounds good on there web site, but would love to hear what somebody that uses one has to say.
Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sweet Drysuit

Can't speak to the IR Arch Rivel Dry suit, but can on the Sweet Intergalactic Gore-Tex. Very comfortable, has bit of a V cut up top, super bomb proof materiel and 30% off at my shop right now, that's $905 out the door price. Just something to think about. Good luck with whatever you decide...

TMCK

Keep the Hairy Side up

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the old version that's now called arch rival OX. I was happy with it but got a good deal on a kokatat icon and sold my IR suit to a friend. The kokatat is a lot nicer but the IR did pretty much the same job at half the price. If you want an affordable suit i would say go for it!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought an Arch Rival suit. I really like IR's gear. I previously owned a Typhoon Multisport 3.

I have written an initial review here https://kayakjournal.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/immersion-research-arch-rival-dry-suit-initial-review/

I have now used it a bit and I really like it. I find it mostly as easy to move around in as the front zip Kokatats, though the zip closure is more noticeable due to the double zip.

The Kokatats are really good, but whether they are worth double the price of the IR is a different debate. My girlfriend bought a Kokatat Meridian at the same time as my Arch Rival. That suit is really nice, and the zip is lower profile. But build quality wise the suits seem pretty similar, as is the thickness of the material.

One area you do lose out on with the Arch Rival is that there is no reinforced material on the forearm/elbow and knee area like there is on more expensive suits, although the Arch Rival is still reinforced at the seat.

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's for posting! Looking at upgrading to a real dry suite from my 2 piece, and feed back is worth a million bucks! I do really like my I.R. semi dry top for what it is, and would be nice not to break the bank on something with relief zipper and booties. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts