Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gearing up for the season and I'm going to get a camera this year. Go Pro or ION. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and

May the flow be ever in your favor

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
I've had GoPro1, GoPro3 and now GoPro4 silver. I am a gopro fanboy, it works, great videos and easy to use. I love the new screen on GoPro4 silver! I don't know anything about ION.

I've used my GoPro on every river I've been on and have plenty of footage on youtubes

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm worried about the profile of the Go Pro. Because what I lack in ability I make up with a bomb prof roll. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think gopros are still currently the gold standard when it comes to these cameras. Tether your camera case to your helmet strap with some parachute cord and you won't lose it in a collision.

·
The Russian
1,389 Posts
I think gopros are still currently the gold standard when it comes to these cameras. Tether your camera case to your helmet strap with some parachute cord and you won't lose it in a collision.
That's what I didn't do on my first camera, so you can probably still find it at the bottom of Skull :)

I put a parachute cord through the casing now and tether it to a d-ring on my raft. The camera in the case is very bulletproof.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I currently have a hero 1, hero 3 white, hero 3 silver, and hero 4 black. All of them work perfectly. I would say there is no need for you to get a hero 4 black or even silver unless you work with video a lot and need up to date professional video. I recommend you pick up a hero 3 silver or black. Very good quality and they are around 3 years old now so you could find one pretty cheap. I use a shoelace tied to my helmet and have never lost a camera even though it has fallen off a few times. PM me if you have any more questions!

·
Registered
264 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHA-3...429322798&sr=1-8&keywords=Gopro+hero+3+silver

This is another option... Not as good quality as other go pros but it will do just fine. GOP released this camera when they released the hero 4 this past year. Its basically an entry level go pro for people that don't want to drop $500 on a camera. mprobst, I would recommend this over the SJCAM simply because it is a go pro and has a reputation of being reliable and good quality and also excellent customer service.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Garmin virb is is pretty cool. Its cheap,easy to use,has GPS,and there's actually a tie down/safety ring on the case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've got a GoPro 2 that I've used for years and it's still going strong. I use some alpine cord through two vents on my helmet as a backup, although it's never actually come off of its mount. I've hit it hard enough to gouge the plastic case, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts