Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good leads or advice on finding guide jobs abroad this winter? I've done a few searches but most threads found seem a little outdated...

I'm interested in going pretty much anywhere. I've been guiding for three years now Class II-V with guide certification on the Upper Yough along with SWR cert. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
addict
741 Posts
Consider where you want to go. Narrow it down. Research local outfitters. Email or phone them directly. Have your resume in order to send them. Have references.

Outfitters in other countries may not take you seriously until you're at their door, and even then you must prove your capabilities in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback so far.

I know some Spanish, had a few classes in college and spent some time in South Texas.

Right now, South America seems to be my best option. I've been researching different companies in Chile, Peru, and Ecuador. I'm interested in being able to travel down January to March/April and from what I've found so far it seems like a good time frame for those areas. Anyone have any working experience in those countries?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Try contacting Oars. See oars.com. Big corporate type of a company, but they raft many different locations. I think if you a looking for a smaller outfitter, you will need to be down there September to March. Maybe even August for training purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts