Mountain Buzz banner

Interesting Job Possibility

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  MNichols 
#1 ·
Grand Canyon National Park is hiring a small boat operator. I did that job in in the 90s. It was fun I learned a lot. Lots of the trips were like private trips but we got paid. A great waste of government dollars.
Apply through USA jobs.

#5 ·
$22 to $25 per hour. You would probably get a fair amount of overtime. Its also a permanent post but part time. Probably not working for fish science or running boats up river. They contract boat operators through another source. No gun required you might haul the guys with guns though.
I wonder if the drug test still screens for weed. If you really wanted the job you shouldn’t chance it.
Didn‘t say anything about being groomed like the want ad for the Umpqua guiding job.
Vets probably get still preference. Being a female vet with boating experience is probably even better.
Could be a way to make a decent career out of river running.

#12 ·
Not sure about NPS, but the BLM rangers are considered "career seasonal" and its part time, with benefits.. A vet will get it, and likely a vet that's wanting to retire from commercial boating. Saw the advert come across the boatman's beta from GCRG a couple days ago. It's likely already filled.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.