Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which instructor do you think does a great job of teaching the basics to a newbie to lay down a good foundation? I've taken an intro 2-day class and got totally hooked. But I came away feeling like I had more questions than I got answers and wanting more individual attention about how I'm not stroking, edging, etc. correctly because I want to start with good fundamentals. And I realize that not every great instructor works at an outfitter. So who have you learned from and would recommend to teach your kid, mom, or whoever you really happen to like. I'm in Denver, anything within a few hours drive is good. Thanks.

·
Big Building with Gear
112 Posts
Check out Renaissance Adventure Guides (raguides.com), we've had positive reviews from everyone we've heard back from. They do higher level classes and private lessons. We also work with several great individual instructors we can put you in contact with. Don't forget to look into whitewater clubs (Colorado Whitewater Assn., Front Range Paddlers, etc) as they run trips and clinics all the time that are usually free or cheap for members. They're also a great way to find buddies of a similar level to paddle with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts