Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input on skirts from you all... I had a mountain surf skirt, which I loved, but I lost a bunch of weight, so it is too big now. I picked up a snapdragon about a month ago, but it seems to leak water under the rand.

I really liked the combo of the rubberized rand and my boat (Jackson SuperFun), as it seemed to keep the boat really dry. Problem is, MountainSurf is out and they really don't know when they are going to produce again.

Anybody have this problem with Snapdragon skirts?
Anyone have experience with the new IR Special K skirt with the rubber rand?

I'm heading to the Lochsa over Memorial Day and don't want to spend all day in my boat with wet shorts.

Thanks everyone!

j

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got the IR super bungee and I like it alot. I use it with my jackson superstar and it seems to seal very well. I know its not the special k, but I feel like IR produces some really quality stuff. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have a snapdragon armortex bungie and I had a IR super bungie. Traded in the Superbungie for a Special K cause I like the rubber rand better. I feel it seals better as well. That being said I don't notice a lot of water getting in my boat in the first place, except for my play boat with the snapdragon.
Point is the special K is good

·
Registered
480 Posts
I too like the rubber rand and found some Mountain Surf skirts online just browsing. Alder Creek is where I got mine 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I lost a bunch of weight since I bought my first skirt too. I just cut a V out of it and restitched it to close up the tunnel a bit. If your old skirt is otherwise OK, it's an easy way to make it last longer.

·
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!
109 Posts
Mt Surf will be up and running in a few weeks. I spoke to the owner a week ago. He told me NOC.COM still has skirts I ordered one last week and got it Monday. The Duo Ring easy fit is what I have and I like it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I dig my Snapdragon with the implosion bar. It's money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry to beat a dead horse, I know it's an old thread and an even older question. What's the best skirt? Well, I can say if you like to be dry stay away from Snap Dragon and IR. WildWasser has been good to me. I got a PeakUK lip lock. It's allright. But it doesn't really fit between the boat and the cockpit combing and it's a pain to put on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts