Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently picked up a 2010 10’ Bad Cat with 19” Maxxon tubes. The seams are glued which makes me nervous, but when the dust is washed off they look almost new. The boat has seen about 12 river days and has always been stored in a shed. Both the original owner and myself live at 7200’ in Wyoming so no issues with excessive heat or humidity. I’m hoping to get some advice on caring for and storing the boat to increase longevity. I’m a dad and don’t have unlimited income to throw towards a new boat. I’m really hoping these tubes with last me a few years while I save up for Sotar or Maravia tubes.

The tubes came with a frame, one original spare oar, and two cataract mini mag oars. I’m planning to work with Gary at Rowframe or piece together an NRS frame to replace the smaller diameter powder coated fishing frame that’s currently on it. I’m looking for something a little more basic and lightweight. I already have a pair of full size oar locks and new 8’ Carlisle oars that I’m itching to use as well.

Thanks in advance for any help in keeping my boat on the water as long as possible!

Thanks!

-Richard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh also, the photos were taken in my garage, so I do have storage out of the elements.

Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I once a while back I inflated my raft in the motel parking lot in Saratoga WY. Didn't really think about the hot asphalt.
Blew every seam in my floor of my self bailer. (all glued seams) In hind site it was kind of stupid not to notice, it was too hot for my bare feet. But then so are some of the boat ramps I have been on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I once a while back I inflated my raft in the motel parking lot in Saratoga WY. Didn't really think about the hot asphalt.
Blew every seam in my floor of my self bailer. (all glued seams) In hind site it was kind of stupid not to notice, it was too hot for my bare feet. But then so are some of the boat ramps I have been on.
Wow, that’s a bummer. Thanks for the heads up! I would have much preferred welded tubes, but here we are. The next set definitely will be!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
My cheap (but well built) frame from Gary has served me well for a long time... be careful about nipple damage on those tubes, its a common place for leaks and notoriously difficult to fix.

I'll take the mini mags off your hands when you're done with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts