Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine got me a couple of these pallet platforms. Very light and stiff enough to stand on. They just happen to fit my 14' raft perfectly, at least in the captain's bay.

Should be great for fishing on easy water. Not planning on attaching them in any way.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, some kind of plastic. I've seen stacks of them where they keep the pallets. Maybe 3/4" thick. super light.

I'm going to cut one to fit the curve of the floor. 2 of them will completely floor the raft, except the very ends. Hoping the cut plastic won't be too sharp. May be a job for some Gorilla tape.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'm googling away and haven't been able to find similar. I guess you are actually saying they are inexpensive if we see some and steal them? Lol

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
375 piece minimum once Google translated it elkhaven haha

Sorry pbr, I just thought you were being vague and wasn't piecing together where you were saying to get these. Never seen them around here.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
yeah, I've never seen anything like that in my travels. While I'm excited for pbr on his score, I don't think we've found the future of raft flooring. Rat farts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will measure tomorrow. Raft floor is 40" wide
We didnt get the sense that it was slippery on maiden voyage. I want it mostly to stand on while fishing.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Most likely it's 48x40, standard pallet size. It's is a skid, used when a pallet is unnecessary but you still want to be able move whatever with a fork. This thing probably came from a factory that produces something big, rectangular, and relatively light. They probably put these on trucks (48x40 pallets fill American trailers most efficiently) and move the product to another facility. Once every few weeks or months they'll fill a truck with a bunch of these skids and return them to the factory to start the process all over again. This is why you find them, unless you know someone that moves or loads them. They normally have the owner stamped on them and something about theft and the law. I'd like a few!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are used so that a plastic pallet with feet as opposed to being flat on the bottom can be stacked on another pallet so that it will be stable. They are fairly sturdy but flex quite a bit.

Rehrig Pacific - 48" x 40" Nestable Stacker

Thanks. Saved me a photo upload. I cut a corner on one to see how bad the edge would be. Easy to cut and make smooth.
Because they are so light I will take them all the time now.
Will modify one to fit my Puma too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts