Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Buzzards,

Had the opportunity to experience the Nahanni, a pretty classic river in the Northwest Territories, last summer. Shot some RAW video up there and compiled it along with some pictures to give a sense of the place. If anyone is looking for an extended river trip (10-25 days) with options for mild or exciting whitewater and spectacular scenery, this should certainly be on your list. Also, only 450 people go down it each year which is a far cry from the 20,000 some going down the Grand. Anyway, here it is:

Nahanni: Images From a River Trip in the Northwest Territories

- John

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Those pics are awesome! I always pictured the Northwest territories as flat, barren, and cold. Wow! Was I ever wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
211 Posts
Radical video and place! Our Grand Canyon check in ranger said they expect to see 30k people this year!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for sharing! Those pics are awesome! I always pictured the Northwest territories as flat, barren, and cold. Wow! Was I ever wrong!

Glad you guys liked it! There's definitely lots of life up there. I did a trip in Newfoundland a little while back and thought it'd be barren as well, but it turned out to be gorgeous in the summer (see the 3rd pic down Landscape Pictures)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts