Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a good discussion re this topic a few months/?weeks back. I want to refer to this but cannot remember when this was or any post headings. Could someone tell me how to get to this or bring it up? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Specifically, I am looking for info from paddlers bet 5'10"s-6' tall, paddling IKs which are about 35-36"s wide.
Thanks.

·
Paddling in to the Future
574 Posts
I like a 220 myself. but you can get by with shorter depending on the angle of your stroke. I've paddled with 197 with no issues before either. (its really going to come down to personal preference.)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like a good one piece 210cm paddle. The long ones just seem too flexy and cumbersome. I'm tall with long arms if matters. Most of my crew like a similar length in NRS and AIRE Iks, fwiw.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My wife and I have run class III - IV just using our kayak paddles. On the other hand, if we could find ducky paddles that were long, but high quality, I believe we would invest. Unfortunately, most ducky paddles are junk.

I would love the chance to try one of those 210cm paddles Jake mentioned. That sounds like the perfect length for someone of average height like myself.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My 210 is an Accent with a fiberglass shaft. I've been looking for another one since I got it and have never seen one. I'll buy it immediately if I ever do.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IK paddle

Just out of curiosity, what offset are people favoring? I have been used to a 30' offset all my paddling years, and am wondering what advantages are there in going to a zero offset. Mitchell paddles are in the next town over so I can have them modify it any which way.
Thanks .

·
Registered
190 Posts
Zero or 90. If you are paddling in the Desert S.W., a 90 degree paddle makes you look like a genius on those windy paddle outs: W.W., for example.

I´ve never heard the argument for minor offsets like 15, 30, 45. All I know is that it is easy to go from off-set to zero, but incredibly awkward going back to off-set once you paddle a zero a few months.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts