Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The First One Hundred Grand Canyon River Runners Presentation in Flagstaff February 28

Hey Friends, I’ll be presenting a behind the scenes look at Otis "Dock" Marston's book "From Powell to Power: A Recounting of the First One Hundred River Runners Through Grand Canyon." Dock Marston thought his recounting would take six months to write in 1947 and soon realized what had been previously written was woefully incorrect and incomplete. Over the next thirty years, Dock amassed a huge collection of first-person accounts of these river runners, from James White on a log raft in 1867 to the first powerboat runs of 1949 through 1951. I will touch on who Dock Marston was, and look at some of the highlights of Marston's recounting.
The presentation is at the Riordan Mansion in downtown Flagstaff, 7:00 pm Saturday, February 28, 2015, and is free and open to the public.

Hope to see you there, especially you Buzzards in town per-or-post your Grand Canyon river journey! All the best, Tom

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am gonna be there. I hope something is running while I'm in town.

Woke up this morning at 10:13.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Steve, I apologize for seeing this too late. It was wet and snow free in Flagtown last night. 2" and falling this morning. Did you make it last night? Standing room only and lots of fun! All the best, tom

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey Steve, I apologize for seeing this too late. It was wet and snow free in Flagtown last night. 2" and falling this morning. Did you make it last night? Standing room only and lots of fun! All the best, tom

No worries Tom, I got an answer from you on Facebook. We will be at one of your March events.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts