Mountain Buzz banner

if someone was to buy YOU your fav boat ?

5K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  thinksnow 
#1 ·
If you could have the boat of your dreams- if its manufactured- and a nice purchaser would spring for it, what would it be ? Just the basic boat. The nice purchaser has a budget though - $4300.00. And you want it to be in the 13-14' range. Oh and the purchaser has a place in their heart for Avon ( Hyp) boats . What manufacture would you head towards ?
Yea I know, but I cant make up my mind !
Been reading posts and reading and.
Getting back into it and want a boat that will last.

#3 ·
One of those top end pack rafts,a nomad,and the remaining$ 1300 on kind nuggets,Czech beer ,and bimbos..or just the deluxe Alpacka/Alpackalypse and plane tickets....pretty nice benefactor!!...for rafting you will need to spend another several grand for oarlocks ,coolers,umbrellas,hand holding lessons,kitchen sinks, etc and probably a suburban or truck with dualies to haul it all...

shredder type raft would be cool and $ left over

#6 ·
carvedog : I have heard the Milpros are just as good as the originals. But opinions are like so many things.
Still heavy that's for sure. Any one hear otherwise ? Price is right me thinks. Have time now and always dreamed of the Avon's. 2000lb's is a lot of Steak n Bourbon..

#15 ·
Nice ! Been lookin at em ! Been lookin at a lot - just worried about warranty issues with Avon/Zodiac/Milpro ETC ETC.
A lot of moving around with the companies and who knows were they will be come warranty time ?? Its a concern for me. I like the Avon's always have.

#16 ·
There was a post from Ron at IBC in Oregon about what they are doing with these boats. He has been a Avon dealer since the 70's and then took on the zodiac name when Avon U.S. was bought out. He has no intentions of letting that account slip. That being said I.B.C. is the senior warranty/repair facility for Zodias Marine which is located in Maryland.

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself

#19 ·
I didnt know there were brand restrictions in our hypothetical little scenario. That said, when spending someone else's money, get the best wine on the menu.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
No restrictions, none at all - its what experienced rafters feel in their mind and scenarios and personal pref's is their ultimate- should it be free..up to 4,300.00.
I just said the purchaser has a place in his or her heart for good old Brickship house boats like Avon's n such.

#21 ·
Yep, I like my Diablo very much. It handles quick and punches hard. Built like a tank but not too overly heavy. The cons are in the cargo carrying. The tapered lines of this diminishing tube design reduces floor space in the bow and stern. It is this same design feature however that allows it to pivot like a dream and punch waves so well. The Diablo is only 35 inches between the tubes so it's a bit narrow for some of the standard size dry boxes on the market. So if you are hauling a ton of river sh@@ get the Williwa. The high kick to the Diablo bow and stern also contribute to the awesome handling but there is one draw back there also. If you want to run as a paddle boat ever, The guide position is very high off the water and calls for a really very long guide paddle. I don't ever do this so not an issue for me. Overall I find it fits my needs perfectly and have yet to see another boat that I believe is better for my style of boating. I'm a huge fan of Maravia.

From NWR Boat Reviews: Maravia uses a PVC base fabric and encapsulates it in thick polyurethane - an awesome combination. They look beautiful and are absolutely bomber but are a bit heavy and tough to roll. You'll rarely ever see a Maravia with a patch. Ten year warranty on boats for personal use and five year warranty for commercial boats. Maravia rafts are all made in Boise, Idaho.

#22 ·
Overall I find it fits my needs perfectly and have yet to see another boat that I believe is better for my style of boating. I'm a huge fan of Maravia.
........ Maravia rafts are all made in Boise, Idaho.
My Willi 2 is close to 25 years old with many, many low water MFS trips on it. Finally had to replace the floor a couple of years ago and I upgraded the valves to C7s so I know Kyle pretty well by now. Great crew over there and I love being able to drop it and pick it up myself.

I am also a huge fan.

#23 ·
you will need to spend another several grand for oarlocks ,coolers,umbrellas, frame, and trailer. " cayo 2"

If your intentions are to paddle raft since you didn't mention rowing the boat.
Get two Hyside Mini Maxes! That is a total of 3/9 of your best friends get a awesome ride in any class 3 and up.
Hyside is Hypalon
No trailer needed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.