Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could have the boat of your dreams- if its manufactured- and a nice purchaser would spring for it, what would it be ? Just the basic boat. The nice purchaser has a budget though - $4300.00. And you want it to be in the 13-14' range. Oh and the purchaser has a place in their heart for Avon ( Hyp) boats . What manufacture would you head towards ?
Yea I know, but I cant make up my mind !
Been reading posts and reading and.
Getting back into it and want a boat that will last.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
One of those top end pack rafts,a nomad,and the remaining$ 1300 on kind nuggets,Czech beer ,and bimbos..or just the deluxe Alpacka/Alpackalypse and plane tickets....pretty nice benefactor!!...for rafting you will need to spend another several grand for oarlocks ,coolers,umbrellas,hand holding lessons,kitchen sinks, etc and probably a suburban or truck with dualies to haul it all...

shredder type raft would be cool and $ left over

·
Registered
427 Posts
AIRE with 2-part urethane custom wear strips all around...I don't know if any other boat could take the abuse I put them through. Cats are my fav but either a 143d/r

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carvedog : I have heard the Milpros are just as good as the originals. But opinions are like so many things.
Still heavy that's for sure. Any one hear otherwise ? Price is right me thinks. Have time now and always dreamed of the Avon's. 2000lb's is a lot of Steak n Bourbon..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine gets delivered next week.

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself
Nice ! Been lookin at em ! Been lookin at a lot - just worried about warranty issues with Avon/Zodiac/Milpro ETC ETC.
A lot of moving around with the companies and who knows were they will be come warranty time ?? Its a concern for me. I like the Avon's always have.

·
Registered
284 Posts
There was a post from Ron at IBC in Oregon about what they are doing with these boats. He has been a Avon dealer since the 70's and then took on the zodiac name when Avon U.S. was bought out. He has no intentions of letting that account slip. That being said I.B.C. is the senior warranty/repair facility for Zodias Marine which is located in Maryland.

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts
Maravia Diablo. $5100 but they go on sale every October focright about $4300.
Maravia

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
That Diablo is a good looking boat. There is Willi 1 in demo with five years left on warranty right now for $3,400. I thought everyone here knew of my thoughts on Maravia, but I was trying to stay on subject.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I didnt know there were brand restrictions in our hypothetical little scenario. That said, when spending someone else's money, get the best wine on the menu.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didnt know there were brand restrictions in our hypothetical little scenario. That said, when spending someone else's money, get the best wine on the menu.

No restrictions, none at all - its what experienced rafters feel in their mind and scenarios and personal pref's is their ultimate- should it be free..up to 4,300.00.
I just said the purchaser has a place in his or her heart for good old Brickship house boats like Avon's n such.

·
Super Moderator
2,900 Posts

No, no. I didn't mean it like that. I just thought he meant he was looking for Avon like boats. Why not go current Avon if it's in the budget?

Are you running the Diablo? Looks good. I am very happy with my Willi 2 and she practically hits all the low water lines without me doing much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts