Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 or 7 of us are looking to do an overnight raft trip this weekend. It would be great to do a Westwater but we slacked on the permit. Any ideas for similar type class 3sh rivers that we could do this weekend.

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
or... does anyone know anyway to get a permit for this comming weekend. 23-24th??? or get on a permit???

·
Registered
114 Posts
There are several stretches on the Arkansas that make for good overnighters - the shuttle's pretty easy and, although I've never done it, it sounds like it could be fun (and less crowded below Brown's). :roll:

·
Registered
154 Posts
pumphouse to state bridge near Kremmling on the colorado r. is a fun,easy class II run but has good river side camping. 14-15 miles.

·
Super Moderator
4,158 Posts
If you launch on Brown's after about 3 pm you'll have the river to yourself. Better yet, launch at Wilderness Aware ($3 fee) and start with the Milk Run. Float down and find a campsite below Ruby Mt. Campground on public land. Continue to Stone Bridge the next am. If you get on the river before about 8:30 or so, you may be able to stay ahead of the train of rubber buses...

Good luck,

--Andy

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes is me Patrick , who is that? But the Ark sounds like me might be the way to go. Anyone want to let me borrow a raft?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts