Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what the snow-pack is like in Idaho this year? I've heard its down, but do not know what that means in terms of %. Mostly interested in the Middle Fork Drainage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Implications for Boundary Put in

In light of this snow pack, does anyone have input on the probability of putting on at Boundary in mid June vs. having to fly into Indian Creek?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Last year the snowpack was a little higher on Middle Fork and we were able to drive to the boundary creek putin on June 2 with no snow in sight. It should be the same this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you but....

I'm not so concerned about the drive in, but rather do you think there will be enough water to float a boat in mid June from Boundary Creek in light of the dismal snow pack.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,465 Posts
not that i am an expert but i would say it would float a boat then. i have buddies who have floated it, from boundary on 1.5 ft. a lot of hauling off of rocks here and there but said it was better than flying in and would do it again. they had 14' rafts. dont suppose it will drop that low that fast, but what the hell do i know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Predictions on peak flow this year? 3500cfs? Higher? Lower? Who knows this river? I'm guessing it will peak in early June.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Thank you but....

Aquaman said:
I'm not so concerned about the drive in, but rather do you think there will be enough water to float a boat in mid June from Boundary Creek in light of the dismal snow pack.
We did it last year over the 4th of July, and were able to easily float from Boundary Creek. I think it will totally depend on what kind of spring they have - watch the gauge, and think light!

Good luck,

tk

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've got a middle fork put in on memorial day weekend. does this snow pack give us a chance of having a nice balance of water level where the water is rising but the springs are still good? 8)

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey there bula, do I know you? :p

just makin it beknownst that I am following this thread with anticipation of our May 28th put-in!! :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts