Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me about the following Idaho Rivers: the south fork of the Snake, the Owyhee and the Jarbridge Rivers. Just looking for something new to float. I grew up in Idaho but never got into rafting until a few years ago in Montana. The south fork of the Snake looks alot like the Smith. How long are they? Are any of them a good family multi day float? An info would be great.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'll tell you about the South Fork Snake since American Whitewater doesn't say much about it. It is a family friendly overnight trip. No rapids but a pretty canyon. Good camping. Fishing can be world class.

·
Registered
61 Posts
South fork snake is a pretty float. I'd wait until August. Weather in June and even july can be iffy. Day float from the Dam to the bridge (12 miles) or over night if you go on down the canyon.

No real rapids but the river is cranking along and cold.

Owyhee and Jarbidge are snow pack dependant and too soon to predict if and when they will flow.

Don't know how old your kids are, lower Owyhee (rome to the ranch) is mostly class III but flows can vary wildly in a matter of hours if it rains.

Jarbidge maybe not so family friendly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts