Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What’s the highest you would take a MiniMax/ Storm down the MFS mid June?

What’s the lowest you’d take a 12.5 Legend (almost 7’ wide) down the Selway late July?

Hoping to use one boat for MFS at maybe 4’, and Selway under ~1’. If not, anyone have ideas for boat storage in Idaho for 6 weeks or so?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can absolutely tell you that you will have a very hard time if the Selway is below 1' in a 7' wide boat, let alone a cat boat. Mostly in the top end but also in some of the rapids down lower (Ladle, No Slouch, Meeker, Wolf). If you have a little frame for the minmax I'd just take that with minimal gear. Or take the cat on the MFS and the Mini max on the Selway if that's an option for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have taken a Legend down the Selway at 0.8. It was not bad for width, but at one point there were 4 cats being flintstoned down different lines of Ping Pong Alley. The Legend would be a great choice for the Middle Fork. I have seen a MiniMax taken down the Selway at 4.5. It did flip in Ladle, but was reflipped before the bottom of the rapid, luckily. Have fun with either choice. Be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts