Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody driven through Parkdale recently; last five days? I'm wondering how much ice is in the water. It's looking like a warm weekend....

·
Registered
966 Posts
Dan, give me a shout too if you guys meet up!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dan!
It has to be Sunday for me. I have to work Saturday. It's been a month since I boated, so I'm pretty sure I will do this.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one friend tell me he drove through there... in the dark, but he said from what he could see, it didn't look icy.
I bet it's good to go.
So, Dan and Beth, it would be great to boat with you guys if you wanna do it. I'll bring the spud-boat and play til my brain freezes. :)

Anybody else?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Things looked clear last weekend from pinnicale down to parkdale as I drove to Monarch. There is some ice starting to form obstructions up river of pinnicale in the slack water. Give it a good look on your way to the put in and you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Mike, if I get everything done that needs to be done on Saturday, then I'm in for Sunday. Might have to let you know last minute though.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, forecast is up to 57 degrees for tomorrow.
I'm doing this solo if need-be. Somebody pick me up when I'm hitching back to my car, okay? ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Was through there yesterday on the road. Lots of ice jams and areas where the whole river is under ice, but there were also a lot of stretches where there was an open channel....

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
Snow's too thin, might as well boat. What time?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be on the water from noon to 2?
So, meeting at Old Parkdale at 11:15?
I also would wait to hear from Dan and Beth; If they're coming and have time constraints, I'm flexible.

·
Kayak/SUP Instructor
1,332 Posts
Be on the water from noon to 2?
So, meeting at Old Parkdale at 11:15?
I also would wait to hear from Dan and Beth; If they're coming and have time constraints, I'm flexible.
That works for me and I'm flexible. Got a Christmas party tonight so I'll check back again before I crash.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, Scott.
I think I will have a couple more people, but it may be just me. Nobody has expressed any time constraints, so let's plan on 11:15 at Old Parkdale.
It's going to be a beautiful, sunny day down there. I'm looking forward to it.

Beth - Dan is a maybe. Why don't you call him up and tell him to go?! And if he doesn't, you should come anyway. :)

-Mike

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sorry I won't be making this, but really happy I realized my flight was today! Hopefully, Dan didn't wus out; )

Happy Holidays, Probably be seeing you guys on NYD on Sho, eh?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad you didn't miss your flight, too, Beth. :)
FYI for everybody.... We ran from Salt Lick to just above Shark's Tooth. There is a bad ice bridge not too far below Salt Lick that is pretty obvious from the road while you drive shuttle.... What may not be obvious is that it is really really hard to get out of the river as you approach this bridge. Super sketchy.
There also is another bridge between Spikebuck and Shark's Tooth, closer to Shark's Tooth. We DID NOT see this one on the drive up... and by the time you realize you are approaching an ice bridge, it is almost impossible to get out... super sketch.
Otherwise, beautiful weather and fun, flushy flow. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts