Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a source for good quality ice in Salmon ID. I'm bringing a bunch with me from CO that I made but will need more.

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, there is a great grocery store called Saveway. It is easy to find in the relatively small town of Salmon. It has the good frozen block ice, not the pressed block ice. Each time I have been, the supply was huge and no where near to running out. The catch... It is closed on Sundays, so plan accordingly...

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Yes, there is a great grocery store called Saveway. It is easy to find in the relatively small town of Salmon. It has the good frozen block ice, not the pressed block ice. Each time I have been, the supply was huge and no where near to running out. The catch... It is closed on Sundays, so plan accordingly...
Nice- thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
If it looks like the supply is low or out, just ask a clerk for help. They have a ton more ice "in the back". I was once the designated ice boat for a MF trip. I think I bought 21? blocks of ice there - 150 quarts anyway. July trip with plenty of icy cocktails... It's good ice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts