Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the Parkdale section of the Arkansas is ice free?

I am wanting to paddle the weekend of 2/7/15 sat and sunday.

I am a front ranger, so its a bit of a drive to go and see, anybody want to carpool out there if its good to go?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you guys.

Let me know if your heading that way Mike, or want to CP.

Also, Logan. What are your thoughts on the ice in browns canyon this season?

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
People have been down it recently. Not me, so I can't give you a first hand account, but I have got several runs north of town this winter, so I am inclined to tell you go for it...should be fun, but cold.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What about the Royal Gorge. It is supposed to be in the 60s this weekend and Wellsville is at 550 CFS.
Will there be ice in the canyon?

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I doubt it. Tonight is supposed to be cold, but it will be very warm again tomorrow. I would say 98% sure the Gorge will be clear.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pine creek/numbers to me is your best bet. Continuous and you can take out below 5. Great run for this time of year.

Woke up this morning at 10:13.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
To each their own, but I think 5 to MIner's campground (6 and 7) is one of the best low water stretches. If I'm doing the Numbers I take out at Miner's. If I'm doing the Fractions I put in above 6.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Phil U.
You are right about that stretch. I forget about that part being pretty good for lower flows. It's a long day from piney for me. Thanks for reminding me about that.

Woke up this morning at 10:13.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts