Mountain Buzz banner

I turn 40 end of October and I'd love to do it in the Grand...

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Electric-Mayhem 
#1 ·
Hello,

So I've been applying to a bunch of trips via the Grand Canyon Trip Participants Needed Facebook page and have a post up there requesting an invite. So far its been crickets so I'm trying to broaden my field of inquiry....

I need some help to celebrate the start, or possibly the continuation, of my Mid Life crisis. How do you even tell when that starts anyways?

So, I turn 40 in late October this year and I would LOVE to do so in the Canyon. I'm not really looking for any special treatment beyond hopefully getting an invite. If we have another followup lottery for dates around that time I'll definitely put in for those...but for now I'm looking for a gracious permit holder to through out an invite. Sometime in the last few weeks of October would be amazing...but I'm honestly not super picky as long as I get an invite with some at least a couple weeks to prepare for the trip.

I've been applying to every opening but there is a ton of competition this year and so far have not been chosen. I'm a super easy going but very competent river runner, cook, and all around great guy. I'll admit to not being the "life of the party" kinda guy...but the river is my happy place and the Grand is the ultimate incarnation of that.
I would be bringing my Dory, The Wesley, along and it holds a ton of gear, supplies and people. Its a worthy boat that has been down the canyon more times then 95% of boaters I know.

I'm NOT a long time guide, EMT, WFR, or any of that...but I've been down the Canyon 4 times, MFS/Main a bunch of times, Gates of Lodore a ton, Deso, Cataract, Salt, Dolores and Westwater plus others. I usually try to get in 40-60 days on the water a year but had almost 100 in 2017 (as a private boater). In other words...lots of experience even though I don't have the professional paperwork or certification to show it. How many guides and EMT's does a trip really need anyways?

I was all set to go on a trip in early May this year...but COVID put a stop to that.
If I could bring a plus one and even a few friends that would be awesome...but I'd be happy with just being able to go myself.

I'm not gonna post my contact info publicly here...but I check my private messages on here often so lets start with that. You are welcome to post here too and we'll chat.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.