Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some very old aluminum oars for my drift boat. The shafts are 1 7/8 but the blade is riveted in. The blades say Alumaweld on them, they were allegedly made by carlisle. On the carlisle outfitter blades i noticed there is a small hole on the shaft portion about 2" from the blade. Does this hole go all the way through? How far is the hole from the mating surface?

I don't have a supplier near me to check in person. Thanks

·
Registered
649 Posts
It is a 1/4 roll pin that goes all the way through. The center of this hole is 2"
from mating surface. It hold the quick release mechinism on the blade. The blade shaft is 1 and 1/4 " O.D. the quick release is 1.6" O.D.

The quick release button is 3/4" the hole for it is 6" center from mating surface

Reactions: sbtm

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have cut a few oars. You can drill that 3/4 hole with a 3/4 bit. You will have to work on it with a round file though because you are drilling pipe and the hole won't be 3/4 when you are done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I have this old set of oars I've been trying to replace the blades on, they were originally sold with alumaweld drift boats in the 80's. They are riveted on at 1" up the shaft. Maybe ill get adventurous some day and drill the hole for the quick release button in the shafts, provided the ID is correct.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts