Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The memorial plaque below Wallslammer in the Royal Gorge was stolen August 27 or 28th. That's like stealing a headstone, unless it was just thrown into the river. Once again, I hope your kids are born with AIDS!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Where was this plaque? I have never seen it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
that sucks--but your post is extremely ignorant, hurtful, and insensitive--grow up, wise up
Agreed. Not to get all touchy feely but hatred and anger perpetuates the same. While it is very sad that the plaque has been nicked by some ignorant wretch, it can be replaced. An innocent child's death is never something to joke with or about.

·
Super Moderator
2,904 Posts
May sweet baby Jesus have mercy on you.

Ok so I don't quite know where to start on this.

From the title of your thread it sounds like you are addressing a group of kids. But if they are already kids how can they be born with aids??

Jer are you here?

The other thing is let the punishment fit the crime. Aids is not particularly funny in most situations and really is nothing to joke about. If you are really wishing someone's baby would contract this horrible affliction, then you are off your .... chart?, rocker?, meds?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I think El Jim just typo'd aides just like he typo'd his username. It should read "I hope your kids are born with aides".. to assist with toilet training, homework and, of course, just like Jared, weight loss. We can only offer the benefit of the doubt, you know?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Let's look at this from the other side.
A commemorative plaque is torn from a rock with disregard for it's meaning/placement/effort. Let's say this is a plaque remembering your lost father on the gorge (I have no clue what this plaque was for and that high water didn't take). I dam well would wish the people that tore it off full blown AIDS, or maybe atleast the HIV.

Let's say some people trashed Adam's memorial on SSV. Those people would be wishing they had Aids over the beating they would receive from the boating community.

Worthless disgusting destruction of property is just as bad as theft, and we know how boaters treat thieves.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I believe a more appropriate comment would have been the following:
I hope your kids are afflicted with periodic episodes of horrible bloody diarrhea whenever you appear in public at the same time, or are even in the same room together, ever, in a manner such that there is a clear correlation between their affliction and your ill considered, insensitive, moronic, and most probably alcohol-and-Uncle-Jem-fueled behavior at the river, and that you are wracked with such feelings of remorse that you return said plaque, along with a generous donation to the whitewater charity of your choice.

·
Self-Aggrandizing jackass
1,134 Posts
Where was this plaque? I have never seen it.
That surprises me because I've heard you've covered every inch of wallslammer, above and below the belt line, as it were.

Seriously, this is the first I've ever heard of it. A memorial to whom?

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I thought you would have gone with, "you havent seen it cause your head is never above water in that area"

·
Registered
688 Posts
Check with local recycling centers if you feel so strongly. That is where I'd think it would turn up.
-d

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was a typo, it should have been "your". Charly's (a rafter) stone memorial was about 3 ft tall by 1 1/2 wide (much like a headstone), in the first big eddy river right after Wallslammer. I look at it everyday, high water did not take it. I'm also sticking with the flow blown AIDS. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Everybody has

AIDS

AIDS

AIDS

AIDS

AIDS

AIDS

AIDS
AIDS
AIDS
AIDS!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry about what happened to the memorial statue. The 12-year-old vandals who more-than-likely destroyed it should replace it and be appropriately punished. It was an uncool thing to do.

But, GEEZ...AIDS?!? You didn't have anything to do with it either, so does that mean that you want YOURSELF to get AIDS, as well? ...and your children? haha

Many local junior colleges offer "Anger Management 101" as an online course. Maybe you could audit a class. There are a plethora of options...

What you conceivable could have learned at class is that lashing out your anger in all directions not only robs YOU of possible sympathies, but also robs sypathies to the memory of your friend.

You can say what you want in my direction. I'm cool with it and see it for what it is - you're angry. But some are actually bothered.

Have you considered collecting funds from other boaters to help replace it? (...collecting funds in a NON-HIV-CONTRACTIVE setting.) It might be kind of tough now.

Again, sorry about what happened to the memorial statue of your friend.

Dave, HIV negative

·
Registered
11 Posts
definitely Aides

I think El Jim just typo'd aides just like he typo'd his username. It should read "I hope your kids are born with aides".. to assist with toilet training, homework and, of course, just like Jared, weight loss. We can only offer the benefit of the doubt, you know?
definitely a typo... I think really it was for moral ethics... you know aides to help them realize how dumb their parents were. Just remember that the Karmatic wheel of justice will come back to haunt them. On another note, I just moved out to the Eastern portion of Seattle about a month ago, and the streams are just starting to warm up (as in flowing more and more). Couple recent dam releases etc. I sure as hell miss park and play features though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts