Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They said it couldn't be done, but I did it. I cracked my Embudo.

So, I need a quick fix. Where do you get bitchethane in Boulder?

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
165 Posts
Construction type places. Home Depot, Lowes. It's a roofing material. Ask for Grace (thats a brand) ice and water shield (product name). There are probably similar generic products that cost less than the Grace products.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Drive around and find a job site, someone will give you a scrap piece!
If not offer them a beer!
Occasionally scrap pieces will wind up at the ReSource Sales Yard out near Stazio- they have a ton of used home construction material. I got some chunks a couple years ago for practically nothing to finish off my skylight. May be worth a try if you are in the area.

bryan

·
Registered
490 Posts
Josh, next time you're going to be in Golden, call me, PM'd you the number. I have some extra from someone who bought a big roll and I was given the order to pass on the bitchuthane-love. Out of curiosity, how many manky runs or seasons did it take you to accomplish this feat?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may take you up on that Schizzle. I managed to put small patches over the cracks (yes- multiple) and the boat was drier than its ever been this past weekend. I may line the inside of the boat and paddle it forever! I highly recommend the bitchethane to anyone. I bought it with 3-4 years of wear on it (looked like it had been paddled alot). I probably put 60 days on it last year and this year including alot of bony runs- Bear, etc.

Josh

·
Registered
96 Posts
so that's what they really call it

Construction type places. Home Depot, Lowes. It's a roofing material. Ask for Grace (thats a brand) ice and water shield (product name). There are probably similar generic products that cost less than the Grace products.
My friends told me to go to McGuckins in Boulder and ask for 'bitch tape'. But I figured some Amazon would just beat me senseless. So I didn't. This info will really help.
wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts