Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New user here, from Chilliwack BC. More of a fisherman, but getting to the fish requires rafting! I was wondering if anyone could help me with Hyside dealers. I'm looking ot get into a mini-max in the near future. Are there any dealers in BC or close to the border, maybe Bellingham-Seattle? I couldn't dig up anything on their site. TIA everyone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Fereign rafts can he had at Hyside. They are in Calif. They dont sell direct since their bus-mod requires they deflect liability to lower tier suppliers. AAA in Colorado is the best source, seconded by Clavey... Petaluma

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Hi all. New user here, from Chilliwack BC. More of a fisherman, but getting to the fish requires rafting! I was wondering if anyone could help me with Hyside dealers. I'm looking ot get into a mini-max in the near future. Are there any dealers in BC or close to the border, maybe Bellingham-Seattle? I couldn't dig up anything on their site. TIA everyone.
Neither Clavey nor AAA are Hyside dealers. The only one I can think of is River Boat Works in Salida Colorado. Easier just to order direct from Hyside. They are based in California. I had their Outfitter 12 for awhile. Nice boat. Another option closer to you is Sotar in Oregon. Pricier, but you might find one you like on their Hot Deals page. You could go down and take a look at it before buying, and save on shipping costs. Hyside usually has pre-season free shipping deals in the fall. Good luck with your boat purchase.

RMR, Hyside, NRS, Sawyer, K2 coolers, Whitewater Worthy Trailers, Frames and soft goods
483 Posts
Call Hyside directly at 760-376-3723 and ask for Brandon Williams. He is supper easy to work with and very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Thumbs up on Brandon at Hyside. He was super good to work with when I ordered my raft. I had to sell my little Hyside and my Maravia cataraft in order to buy my 14 ft. Sotar raft, but I often wish I had kept the Hyside 12 footer. I had it rigged up for fishing and could do a weeklong self support with conservative packing. Maybe someday I'll pick up a Mini-Max?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for these replies guys, very helpful. Too bad there isn't any local dealers in BC or WA state as I really want to see these boats in person before pulling the trigger! Really hard for me to drop $2400 without seeing it first.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
331 Posts
Zach,

Here is a picture of a Mini Max boat with a fishing frame on it. I'm getting one of these for myself this spring. I absolutely LOVE this boat! You will not be disappointed. The whole package weighs about 100 pounds (boat and frame). No trailer needed...you can put on top a Subaru for shuttle.
We are a Hyside dealer and make custom aluminum frames. Give us a call if interested. 719 539 9323 or [email protected]
I also attached a link to the Mt. Buzz thread "why buy a Riverboat Works frame"
Thanks
Kurt

http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f38/why-buy-a-riverboat-works-frame-45451-2.html

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,061 Posts
Nice little setup, Kurt!

I guided Boilermaker's Mini-Max on Boulder Creek last summer, it was sweet, lots of fun, rolled up (almost) small enough to take as your carry-on and is super light. Really nice boat.

-AH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts