Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are heading to Hawaii in two weeks and are planning on snorkeling. Water temps are ~74F which is warm by colorado standards, but you can still get a chill if you are in the water for a while snorkeling. I have hydroskin pants and top and I was thinking of letting my wife use them to keep her warm (she as a rule is always chilly in water). I know that they are thinner than most wetsuits, but a thin full body covering seems like it would help for that just a bit to chilly water. Any thoughts? It would be nice to use the gear that I already have vs. renting a wetsuit for the whole trip.

Thanks!

·
Registered
305 Posts
After selling scuba gear for 20 years, she should be fine in your Hydro Skin as long as it fits (not baggy).
Its the same thing as a 1.5 mil neo skin the wetsuit makers are now selling.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Ive used my hydroskin in the ocean and i dont think it helps at all, its not tight enough, fresh cold water gets between the fabric and your skin too easily. It might help a little if you're sitting on a surfboard in the wind but not really in the water. I lived in HI for 5 years, the water temp is fine if you keep moving and are getting a little exercise, if you're sitting on a board in the wind or not moving much or scuba diving its a little cold but otherwise you should not need anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts