Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad we don't get them. One would be nice around now. I'm not ready for the season to be done.

Wow, 15" of rain. Sweet. I'm jealous.

I guess there are some drawbacks to living in Colorado.

·
Registered
619 Posts
If you really want one......I have a Savage Hurricane packed deep in the shed that I am willing to part with.

On another note.....that French Quarter sure needed a bath.....anyone catch the name of that dude surfing a coffin down Rue St. Michael?

·
Registered
989 Posts
"PEOPLE!!!...SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!"

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just moved out here from NE Georgia. We used to love hurricane season. Awesome creeking for atleast a week after each storm comes through. Plus, the New River Dries runs.

Scott

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey Scott-

New River Dries.....that was a fun run. I ran it, oh, 7 years ago. I think the dam broke and it ran for a short while....with that section Chinese Arithmatic...am i thinking of the right run or is that Dries of the Pigeon? Outside of Ashville and there was another cool creek right near the takeout....Big Creek....great little creeky run!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Actually, I think the Wave-o-saurus on the Connecticut River as it runs through Massachusettes is the biggest wave on the east coast. When everything melts in VT and NH it runs at about 90K for a day or two each spring.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am currently sitting here in my office:
In my fourth-floor office with the windows......
Staring out at rolling hills and gathered dark thunderheads and sheets of torrential rain..... and being ENTIRELY BITTER my friends called last night with not one but THREE-- 3!!!!-- runs planned on all this flood stage water today....

I have not one but TWO web-based classes to facilitate or host already on my calendar. I have a boss who would not understand if I went to her and explained "but but but but".... and yes, in case you were wondering, this *is* me whining! ;)

I want to go play! What fun is being an adult if you can't go play when you want to? I mean, it's not like we get a hurricane here just any old day of the week, you know! ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Katrina totally skunked us!

The storm somehow fit between the Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee on the east and the good runs in Arkansas on the west with moving a gauge. Many, many boats in the east, which are now loaded, will remain dry or return to the Ocoee/Nantahala/Chattooga for the umptheenth time.

I am bavk to looking at low water runs in the Numbers and the Gorge.

Chris Kelly

1 - 11 of 11 Posts