Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHAT: the 4th Annual Rincon Rendezvous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHEN: Friday July 31 through Saturday, August 2
WHERE: just upstream from the Rincon boat ramp near Salida, Colorado

WTF? Thousands of Rocky Mountain squirt boaters will descend on what is arguably the finest mystery-move venue in the intermountain west to spend three days in entranced pursuit of this most hallowed of kayaking tricks. It's a safe, chilled-out spot to spectate or soak yer hed for the first time or 100th time. A handful of squirt boats will be available if you'd like to give it a shot. Just ask! Free camping is available on the BLM land on river left. See map at link below for directions. We'll have some homebrews to sample, too.

PS: Does anyone have a drytop I can borrow? My mustache is so big that it tore my neck gasket when I was last suiting up.

FOR MORE INFO:
http://rinconrendezvous.com
The Angst Squirt Boaters Message Board

PEACE!

Attachments

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Derk tried to make it down to the RR a couple of times, but it never did work out with his schedule.

We'll sink a few for him.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I heard there was some kind of "mustache multiplier". Can you tell me more about that? If I start now will it help? Is Amy going to have to get in a boat more than once to compensate?

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I heard there was some kind of "mustache multiplier". Can you tell me more about that? If I start now will it help? Is Amy going to have to get in a boat more than once to compensate?
It's true. You'll be awarded more points if you have a nice mustache. So you could conceivably win the trophy with mediocre mystery move if you happened to have a really great mustache.

To compensate for this, Amy will have to squirt-boat more than any male at the gathering. Or figure out how to grow a mustache.

The official mustache genesis date was July 6. If you start now, it could possibly help, but we'll have to apply a very complex trigonometric formula to determine how to inversely pro-rate your growth while taking into account your natural rate of lip-caterpillar materiél production.

Does that answer you questions?

Attachments

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many points would this guy get?

Maybe I should bring him down?
Lmyers: That dude could win without even getting in the water. Hell, he's probably won already. He can stay on his couch! Maybe we should call the whole event off. Seriously, though, those stachewings would introduce a whole new dimension of submarine hydrodynamics. Bring 'im down!

Ian: Luke, unfortunately, will not be attending, though he would LOVE to. He and his sister and mother are flying to Maine for the annual 6-week trip on Tuesday, so Dad's batchin' it again.

Aric: I can't speak for Milo, but Luke is sporting a full, dark beard. Odd for a five-year-old, I know. Odder still is that he's got blond hair, so the dark beard at five was a real surprise for his mother and me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Milo's 'stache may require a marker assist. We'll need to check M. Gallaghater for the same.

I agree w/ Sam; that dude has already won. The rest of us will be sinking for second place.

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out this awesome footage Ryan Linehan shot of himself at Tannic Compression, a mystery arena at Little Eddy on the West Branch of the Penobscot river in Maine.

YouTube - Tannic Compresssion

See you zombies in 6 days!

By the way, Mike Crenshaw and I just had a great morning session at USS. Sounds like we might have an unprecedented TWO Acrobat cquirts slicing up Rincon next weekend.

Kind bubbles,
Sam

·
Registered
844 Posts
That's wild! Years back, I ran the Granite, Pine Creek and the Numbers in my 28 gallon Jib. I made the cut above the MoonPie hole in Pinny and mystery moved past the hole. I will have to come down next week and check you guys out!

·
sports enthusiast
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's wild! Years back, I ran the Granite, Pine Creek and the Numbers in my 28 gallon Jib. I made the cut above the MoonPie hole in Pinny and mystery moved past the hole. I will have to come down next week and check you guys out!
Whoaaa. That sounds scary!

Please do come down.

Here's some more stoke:

YouTube - Mystery Movie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone throwing down for an underwater helmet-cam...so we can find the one that was lost last year? It's gotta have some sweet footage from the last RR.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts