Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I'm reaching out to the group to see if anyone has be part of a group that has erected some sort of signage at river put in's. The section that I'm speaking of is class III-IV whitewater and it can be dangerous for inexperienced boaters.

I've seen a large amount of people rafting and standup paddleboarding down it without basic safety precautions. No PFD, cold water gear etc. I've also had to do a few rescues myself for those who weren't prepared and it makes for a scary situation for all involved.

Anyway, I'm not sure how one would even start the process, but I thought some here may know who I should reach out to. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Check in with the Idaho Whitewater Association (whether you are or aren't from Idaho).
www.idahowhitewater.org

If you are, follow their lead.
If you aren't, see if they can give you some pointers.

they developed some really great educational signage in the past couple years.

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
Contact the managing agency of the river you're concerned about and bring it to their attention.

• Haha
Reactions: MT4Runner

·
Premium Member
2,537 Posts
I like your optimism!
I know in UT , the BLM anyway, getting a sign put up is a oretty easy thing if there's a demonstrated need, AHRA here on the Ark LOVES to erect signs, they don't even need an excuse to do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts