Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got this boat given to me the other day. only bad part about it. is that there is a hold in the bottom of it, in the middle of the bottom. any recommendations how to fix her up would be great

thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the boat

hey yea it is a pryahna H3 made of polyethylene, it is a pretty big hole in the bottom center, i am not looking to make it a river runnign boat just one i can take to the lake aand teach and maybe also down the platte, for lessons. thanks

Pictures? Description? Make and Model?

·
Super Moderator
2,843 Posts
Vycor tape.If you're around Boulder I can give you some. how big is the hole? is it a crack or actually missing material.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i guess your right it is more of a crack. i live in the Denver area do you know of a shop where i can pick some of that tape up?

SAM

Vycor tape.If you're around Boulder I can give you some. how big is the hole? is it a crack or actually missing material.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just throw the thing away... Pyranha has never had good plastic! Better yet, recycle the thing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just throw the thing away... Pyranha has never had good plastic! Better yet, recycle the thing!
Nah dude he got it for free. we are just looking to patch it up nice and tight. and maybe do some sledding action durning the winter.

·
Registered
610 Posts
This is my old H:3. I think it is probably past bitchathane. There is a large thin spot under the seat where a 8 inch crack has worn through and I believe there is a 2 or 3 inch of-shoot crack running off the main one. I thought about trying to fix it and decided that I would have to find a doner boat and put a large patch in and decided it wasn't worth my while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
plastic welder

For $200 you can buy an airless plastic welder from Urethane Supply Co, and some high density polyethylene rod. This tool is excellent, it will fix your boat, if it's worth the cost of the tool. Good luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Buy a heat gun, (you can use it for other things after you finish this project,) and cut pieces off of the INSIDE of your cockpit rim. You don't need much, but enough to cover the hole. Take out the seat and place it flat on concrete, (hopefully your boat doesn't have any oil-panning because you want the hull flat on the concrete,) take the plastic you've removed from the inside of the cockpit rim and melt it into the hole. Very easy and it's a permanent fix.

·
Registered
223 Posts
check out boulder boat works. they actually weld plastic for a living, building drift boats or dory's. they may have something for you. otherwise talk to [email protected] or xkayaker13 aka "small boy" and "the angry indian". those two crack more boats than most people i know. the process consists of two butter knifes, a stove and some plastic off of the cockpit rim of the boat being repaired. good luck!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts