Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a liquid logic remix xp 10 I i am trying to figure out the best way to carry it on my 09 2 door jeep wrangler with soft top i have seen the big frame mounted racks but they are out of my price range does anyone have a recommendation for carrying

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have get some sort of rake. I've got an 85 CJ and a 14' Dagger Canoe. I use my hard top when it is on the Jeep and when the top was off I used my sport Bar and I had a extra cooler/ cargo rack that was on my spare tire rack on the back. Pad the hell out of your soft top if you do put it up there. But with your Yak being only around 6-8' you may be able to just stuff it in the back.
Good luck. and have fun with your new boat

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could try using one of the lightbars that goes over top of the front windshield frame (off-roaders, or folks that want to look like them, often have these) but I can't attest to their strength. And then you could design a simple T-frame to plug into your rear receiver hitch that would allow you to tie down the boat front and back. Come to think of it, you could even run joists between the two over the roof for added strength.

Having the rear part locally fabbed, or home fabbed, and sourcing the front lightbar used would help keep costs down.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm in the same position. Congo Cage is about 400 I think. I did once see two playboats in the back of a TJ, the top was off and they were in the back strapped almost vertically to the roll bar.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Jeep people complaining about their aftermarket parts cost. Sigh. Try buying a roofrack for a Landrover Discovery. Glad mine has bars on it for now to carry my boat.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Other than repairs?

I helped a friend install bumpers and rock sliders on a disco, they were expensive and crap. Nothing lined up properly.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am a jeep owner so I know every thing. Put your kayak upside down on the roof. It will be supported across the wind sheild and the roll bar so the front loop is just past the windshield. Attach a cam strap from the kayak's front loop through the cam strap slot on the hood. Attach another cam strap to your rear loop and go around your spare tire. Now, if your boat is so small that the rear strap will not get to the spare tire without bending your soft top rear bar, let it ride shot gun.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry for picking on you about the Jeep thing. I've had my 98 discovery for over a year so far and all I have to say about these 1st gen discovery trucks are praises (well maybe not fuel economy). I do my own vehicle repairs so I do understand how they could be cost prohibitive for many.

Sounds like that above mentioned method should work well. I am guessing you might also have to strap your paddle somewhere since it prolly wont fit your interior very well.

My Jeep parts cost comment was mostly envy. Mass produced parts with lots of competition just run cheaper than less common parts. It's like buying tuning parts for a VW vs a Honda.

·
Registered
487 Posts
It's a Jeep thing so I don't understand.....

Maybe a rack that attaches to the hitch?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts