Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Maravia Zephyr (Lime) Aire River Couch (Also Lime)
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning to make an offer for this boat, but wanted to get some insights on value from you buzzards as a sanity check. It's a '92 Ranger with standard floor, and the old style valves. The frame and everything in the photos is included. It has a few patches, but no leaks.

·
Registered
Maravia Zephyr (Lime) Aire River Couch (Also Lime)
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably don't want to hear this, but I'd look for a self-bailer, if you are going to use it in whitewater.
Haha I know. I've already got two other boats, a Zephyr and an RMR Storm. If I buy this relic I'll probably keep the frame off it and resell the boat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For me it would depend on the oars and frame width. If 54" or 60" wide, then great, if only 48" not so great. Love the oars as long as they are 8.5 to 9'. I am sure it is over priced since it says maravia on it...

My value = $1k to $1.2k, but would offer around $700.

I sold my first bucket boat over 15 years ago in pristine condition with frame and oars for $1,200..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Without looking at it! screaming deal at $1k. 92' is after most glue up Maravia issues.

Depends on the boat you want and how you intend to use it.

Purchase, walk away happy and piece it out likely for a profit.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Setup is currently listed at $2,500 - seems a bit steep for a bucket boat, but old Riken setups have gone for more.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you painted over the Maravia logo, it would go for around $900 to $1200. To me, even that’s too much.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Is a bucket Riken setup really worth $3,500? Is it the bimi, or the cocktail tables or both?

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I wouldn't spend more than a grand on that.. Just doesn't have the value..

·
Registered
7 Posts

I sold this maravia first wave for 2600
Included everything though, thwarts, paddles, pump, cams, and a full frame and oars, oarlocks etc. But it was a self bailer and was in killer shape except for a few patches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts