Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two potential job opportunities in Steamboat. I'm not a huge park and play guy, but with it right there, I'd take advantage of it. How long is the season for those holes?

·
Registered
73 Posts
300 and some cfs today so holes are low but doable. It's now tubing season on the Yampa in town so watch out for black rubber coming down at you. With evening rains, the Yampa could stabalize, even go up like it did last week but that's with a bunch of rain. Cross Mountain is still running and will be for another 5-7 days and once again if it rains, it's all good and the season last a bit longer.

Good luck.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. What I'm really wondering is the actual season length for the holes - March to July? I know the creeks run short and Cross has a long season, so I'm wondering the month span the holes are good for.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Depending upon the snowpack, you can throw clean ends in the C-hole anywhere from early March 'til August. However, 300 cfs is a lot more fun after a long winter than after you've been spoiled with 3000cfs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts