Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a new (to me ) 14' wave destroyer and was trying to figure the best length and material for the taglines? is tubular, supple or stiff webbing preferable??

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Absolutely NOT tubular. Just flat webbing, polypropylene so it floats. Length is personal preference. I think my tips are 7' and sides are 6'. Some folks like their sides long enough to useas flip lines (8-9') but I don't. I also have a sort of chicken line on the outsides from dring, there's not a lot to grab on a cat.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Absolutely NOT tubular. Just flat webbing, polypropylene so it floats. Length is personal preference. I think my tips are 7' and sides are 6'. Some folks like their sides long enough to useas flip lines (8-9') but I don't. I also have a sort of chicken line on the outsides from dring, there's not a lot to grab on a cat.

Why not tubular?

Just interested...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Are you talking about the lines people put on the bow and stern for something that swimmers can grab onto? If so 7' sure sounds like a bit much. I just run mine long enough to reach the water plus another 6-8 inches.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Gumbydamnit said:
Are you talking about the lines people put on the bow and stern for something that swimmers can grab onto? If so 7' sure sounds like a bit much. I just run mine long enough to reach the water plus another 6-8 inches.
If your chasing your runaway boat down the river, about 100' sounds right

·
Registered
262 Posts
I run wioth 6' straps stern and bow.
Consider it keeping the boat one swim-stroke closer as insurance.
Flat polypro straps will not self-knot like a rope is prone, not sure what tubular would do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts