Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into running numbers or another Class IV run. I would like get out to Colorado soon, and run some stuff, but would like to take it easy at first to get the feel of the water so I am not in over my head. I heard you can scout on Numbers, and walk if you want. Not saying I will walk, but would like to have that option. On that note anyone willing to lead me down if it is a good level.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Numbers is more like III+ at this level, with a couple of class IV moves, but it is continous. There are eddies pretty much everywhere, and at this level there is plenty of bank to scout/portage in the few prudent spots. There is good play still, and when combined with a Granite trip (with or without Pine Creek) it makes a fantastic full-day III/IV trip. If you want someone to show you where the rapids are, I would be happy to show you down...just give me a heads up.

·
Registered
289 Posts
You could run Gore Canyon and make it more of a class IV if you walked gore and tunnel. Lots of really fun stuff on that run.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
The Numbers are still a high quality run IMO, and you can make a lot of class 4 moves in there. It would be a good way to start a trip. If you're here next weekend Bailey is a step up and then a Gore light could work.
P.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sounds like you're looking for Bailey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts